Monday, February 9, 2009

Feb. 9-Feb.13

Math- We will continue to learn about numbers to 1,000. We are working on writing the numbers in different ways. (words, numbers, and using the blocks) We are also working on graphing in math camp. We picked graphing because it is sometimes difficult to understand and is on the end-of-level test. Make sure that you practice looking at all the information that the graph has to tell. (definatley make sure that you are looking at the key when practicing graphing)
Writing- We are still working on our narrative essay. It is taking a little longer that I anticipated because we have been working on a science fair project to get the kids excited for the science fair and to help them understand what to do. We will really get back to our essay next week. Thanks for your understanding.
Guided Reading- I am so excited!! I am finally seeing some amazing summaries in our guided reading groups. The students are really understanding how to write a summary. The best part about writing summaries is that it helps them practice writing paragraphs and gets them ready for our essay. I love when all of the subjects connect!!
Teachers Notes- I sent a note home explaining Valentine's Day. I am having each student create a box or a bag at home to collect their valentine's in. Be creative, as long as it is appropriate for school, it will be fantastic for our party! I also don't want names to be put on any of the valentines. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. We are also asking for a $1.00 donation for the Valentine's Day party. Any donations would be greatly appreciated!! The Valentine's Day party will be on February 13th at 12:15. Everyone is welcome to join us!! I also wanted to let you know that I will be gone on Thursday for a conference. If you have any problems that day or if you need anything, please contact the office. (652-4712) I have had some questions about our program, we have it shceduled for Wednesday, April 22nd. Things could change, so I will keep you posted, but save that date for now. We are working hard and are really excited to share it with you. I am still working on getting the songs on the blog. Thank you so much for all that you do and for your amazing support!! Have a fantastic week and HAPPY VALLENTINE"S DAY!!

No comments: