Monday, April 13, 2009

April 13-17

I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend!!  This week we will be working on multiplication and learning more about arrays, column, and rows.  Please start reviewing multiplication facts with your child at home. This will really help them get ready for third grade.  We are working on fun writing projects!!  Since we have learned about the four major types of writing and the writing process, the students are able to take a writing prompt, go through the writing process, and even tell me what type of writing it is.  I am amazed at the knowledge that these kids have about writing and the writing that they can do!!  YAY!!  In science we will be starting the unit on rocks which will be really fun and filled with great learning activities!  Here are some dates to remember:
  • April 21st at 2:30 is our class program.  We will be preforming for the school and for the parents!
  • April 27th-May 1st we will be doing the End-of-Level testing!!  If you know that your child is going to be gone, please let me know now so that I can make arrangements for them to take the test.  Make-ups are hard to schedule, so it is important that everyone is there during that week!!  I am also asking for donations of snacks for that week.  The students work really hard and need something to keep them going.  I would prefer something healthy like crackers, string cheese, fruit snacks, fruit, etc.  If you are willing to donate, please let me know and we can work out a schedule.  Thanks.
  • May 5th is our field trip to Sand Hallow swimming pool!!

1 comment:

Julie Y. said...

Miss McMickell

That is such a great idea to have snacks provided during testing week. I am willing to provide snacks one day during the week. Just let me know the date:D