Thursday, April 30, 2009

Swine Flu

I'm sure that you have been listening to the news and I'm sure that a lot of rumors have started.  We had a school meeting today about our pandemic plan and about the swine flu.  The district has a plan in place and will use it if necessary.  School will still be held until otherwise notified!!  Please make sure that your kids are washing their hands and that if they DO get sick, please keep them home!!  If school does get canceled due to this virus, the news will be alerted and we will also be using our phone system to contact you.  I will also keep you updated on our class blog.  Whenever I get some information, I will share it with you.  Please do not panic, everything is ok and school will continue on like normal.  If you have any questions or concerns, please email me at mmcmickell@washk12.org OR call the school.  Once again, I would like to emphasize to NOT PANIC.  I just wanted to let you know that we are ready for anything, and I wanted you to understand what would happen in case of an outbreak. Thanks so much for checking the blog and staying informed on our activities at school.  Thanks for all that you do and for your help and support.

No comments: