Saturday, April 25, 2009

April 27th- May 1st

WOW!!  What a fantastic program your kids performed!!  I am so proud of them and the hard work that they put into their performance, I hope that you enjoyed it as much as I did.  I will post some pictures soon!!  Also, I'm sure that your child has said something about a talent show at school.  Well, our class has been performing random talents that they have and I have recorded some of them, I will post those soon too!!  They are so much fun!!  This week we will be focusing on TESTING!!!  I can't believe that it is already here.  I hope that you will help your child get to bed early, get a good breakfast, and be to school on time.  Each day we will begin testing at 9:30 in the morning.  The students in second grade are required to take the math and the language CRT.  Our class, along with the other second grade classrooms, have really been preparing for this test.  I feel that our class is prepared for this test and that they should feel confident when taking this test.  If you have some extra time this week at home, have your child get onto UTIPS and take some of the practice tests.  We will also be wrapping up our math unit on multiplication and division.  I think that the students really had a lot of fun with this unit and really understood the concept.  I was a little nervous to jump into multiplication and division, but the kids were really excited and when the kids are excited, learning comes easily.  Thanks so much to those parents who were willing to provide the class with snacks for testing!!  I know that the kids will really appreciate the break and I really appreciate the help!! Thanks for all that you do!!  I hope that you have a fantastic week!!

No comments: